Monday, March 14, 2011

Happy Pi Day!

It is also Albert Einstein's birthday, and my own. I'm pretty sure I'm still drunk from Saturday, so I'll get to the point. Pi day. Perhaps the most delicious and nerdy holiday of the year. Pi is the symbol for the ratio of the circumference of a circle to its diameter. Pi Day is celebrated by math enthusiasts around the world on March 14th. Pi = 3.14... In North America (and I'm sure other parts of the world, but I'm not sure of all of them, so I will use the one I am certain of) Dates are displayed by Month, day, and year. So, the calendar date for Pi would be March 14th.

The proper day to celebrate Pi day is to eat some pie. So go and be delicious my friends.

1 comment:

  1. I don't really need the extra encouragement to eat pie, but a reason is always good. Om nom nom.

    ReplyDelete