Thursday, August 8, 2013

Re-blog "We think he might be a boy"

I am just destroyed this week. It is almost all Sick related, and it is leaving me unable to put together a coherent post this week. Rather than slap something together, I'm instead just going to re-blog something.

So, from Friend's Journal is an awesome peice from a Mother about her trans son.

We think he might be a boy

"He is not yet two and we still think he’s a girl. One day, he refuses every t-shirt in his drawer that has pink anywhere on it, or cap sleeves, or flowers. He puts on jeans and a plain white t-shirt. Later in the day, I’m cleaning out his older brother’s closet, bagging things for Goodwill, and he pounces on a worn-out Spiderman t-shirt that is much too big for him. He wears it all summer. I get it off him every five days or so to wash it, and he puts it back on as soon as it comes out of the dryer. I put his older brother’s outgrown clothes in the basement, and, with a pang, take most of the hand-me-downs from the twin girls down the street to Goodwill instead."

No comments:

Post a Comment